Mr. Taylor has formerly served as General Counsel to the state agency responsible for the certificate of need program, and as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Tennessee, where he was primarily responsible for advising and representing state agencies in matters involving health care issues.
Mr. Taylor’s background affords him a broad and balanced knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the health care industry, and the ability to effectuate practical solutions to legal concerns of clients. He has successfully represented clients including hospitals, physicians, long term care providers, surgery centers, imaging centers, home health and hospice providers, and others in obtaining certificates of need and regulatory approvals for the establishment and operations of health care facilities and services. Other areas of practice in which he has significant experience include professional and facility licensing, Medicare and TennCare issues, Stark and anti-kickback laws, and physician contracting.
Jerry’s Awards and Honors:
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Healthcare: Regulatory
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Health Care
- Best Lawyers in America, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Health Care Law
- Nashville Business Journal, Health Care Hero
- Nashville Medical News, In Charge – Health Care
- Nashville Health Care Council, Board of Directors (Former)
- Tennessee Justice Center, Board of Directors
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law (1981)
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Memphis (1978)