Sarah Richter Perky is a partner at Thompson Burton. Her practice is primarily devoted to family law—including divorce, child custody, child support, adoption and appellate litigation. Sarah has significant experience in complex divorce cases involving large estates and contentious child custody issues, as well as post–divorce disputes. She also handles many appellate cases for litigants dissatisfied with the results from their divorce and post-divorce trials including the issues of custody, parenting time, alimony and child support.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah was an attorney at Hollins, Raybin & Weissman. She also served as senior law clerk to the Honorable Judge William B. Cain, former Presiding Judge of the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Middle Section. A native of Nashville, Sarah graduated from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. She received her law degree cum laude from the University of Memphis School of Law in 2005.
While in law school, Sarah served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Bernice B. Donald of the United States Federal District Court for the Western District of Tennessee; as a summer associate with the University of Tennessee General Counsel’s Office; and as a judicial law clerk for the Circuit Court of Williamson County, Tennessee.
Outside the courtroom, Sarah enjoys spending time with her husband, Jefferson Perky, and their two children and golden retriever, Lady. She also enjoys cheering for the Tennessee Titans and the Tennessee Volunteers.
- D., University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, 2005
- A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, 2002
- Hollins, Raybin & Weissman, 2007-2016
- Tennessee Court of Appeals, Middle Section, Senior Law Clerk to the Honorable William B. Cain, former Presiding Judge, 2005-2007
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Junior League of Nashville
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumni Association of Nashville