Justin Campbell is an associate attorney at Thompson Burton PLLC. His practice focuses largely on bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
Justin is experienced in representing both individual and commercial clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies. This includes representing debtors in proceedings and representing corporations and financial institutions as creditors in state court litigation, judgment enforcement, debt collection, and bankruptcy proceedings. Justin has also worked extensively with bankruptcy trustees to analyze cases, evaluate potential assets, and represent them in litigation. This comprehensive understanding of the field of bankruptcy allows Justin to analyze complex cases from multiple angles and provide clients with thorough and customized solutions.
Prior to joining Thompson Burton, Justin was an associate attorney at Garfinkle, McLemore, and Young, PLLC.
Justin is a member of the Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations, the Young Lawyers Division of the Nashville Bar Association, a Board member for the Music City Classic, and serves as Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy Court Committee.
Justin lives in Nashville with his wife, Amy, and his two dogs, Layla and Penny. He prioritizes service to his community, which he demonstrates by serving on the board of directors for the Music City Classic, a non-profit basketball showcase that provides scholarships for Metro Nashville high school students. In his free time, he enjoys playing golf, and just completed his first marathon. Justin is an avid fan of the Tennessee Volunteers, Nashville Predators, and the Boston Red Sox. He is currently working towards his goal of visiting every Major League Baseball stadium.
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 2012
- Mississippi Sports Law Review – Editor-in-Chief, 2011-2012
- University of Tennessee, B.A., 2008
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Best Lawyer – Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law, ‘Best Lawyers in America’ (2020 – 2021)
- Best Lawyer – Litigation – Bankruptcy, ‘Best Lawyers in America’ (2021)