Commercial Real Estate Law
Thompson Burton PLLC has extensive experience representing clients in the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing, and management of commercial real estate. We also represent numerous lenders and borrowers in a variety of commercial real estate loan transactions. We also represent parties involved in commercial real estate and financial services litigation disputes.
The Firm represents the interests of:
- Commercial Real Estate Developers and Investors
- Residential Builders
- Commercial Lenders and Banks
- Community Banks
- Commercial Real Estate Investment Funds
- Commercial Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Commercial Real Estate Tenants
- Commercial Real Estate Landlords
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Companies
- Court Appointed Receiverships involving Commercial Real Estate
- High Net Worth Individuals
Visit our Commercial Real Estate Law Brand Page.
Winning your legal battles so you can grow your business. The business litigation lawyers at Thompson Burton, PLLC are passionate about partnering with our clients to resolve their most contentious and complex disputes. We work hard to understand your business to deliver successful litigation strategies and advice.
Areas of Business Litigation:
- Contract Disputes & Business Torts, representing clients in business-related litigation, including commercial litigation, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims, unfair competition and trade practices, and partnership and corporate control disputes
- Financial Services Litigation, representing lenders in consumer litigation relating to mortgage loans, garnishment actions and foreclosure/deficiency actions
- Collection Actions, representing creditors who are suing to collect on a debt, including commercial loan and guarantee actions
- Bankruptcy Litigation, including debtor/creditor disputes and representing clients in bankruptcy adversary proceedings
- Real Estate Litigation, representing owners, developers, secured lenders, loan participants, borrowers, landlords, tenants and other clients in real estate disputes
- Franchising and Distributorship Litigation, including franchise agreement disputes and associated litigation
- Employment Law Litigation, representing employers in wrongful discharge, retaliation, Fair Labor Standards Act, and various employment discrimination claims and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigations
- Employer/Employee Disputes, including disputes involving non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Construction Law Litigation, representing owners, developers, material providers, general contractors, subcontractors and construction-related professionals
- Professional Liability, defending accountants, attorneys, title companies, real estate agents, brokers and other professionals in malpractice and errors and omissions claims
- Insurance Litigation and Coverage Disputes, representing policy holders and insurers in litigation involving insurance coverage issues and bad faith claims
- Local Counsel & Referrals,serving as local counsel for businesses and law firms throughout the United States. Our lawyers are frequently chosen as local counsel to provide specialized assistance on a particular issue or to handle litigation matters where our experience with the local courts can make the difference.
Visit our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Brand Page.
Direct Sales / Advertising Law
Direct Sales represents $30B in domestic commerce each year. With the advent of technology and social media, this trend is dramatically increasing. Direct selling is the marketing and selling of products directly to consumers away from a fixed retail location. Modern direct selling includes sales made through the party plan, one-on-one demonstrations, and other personal contact arrangements as well as internet sales. The textbook definition is: “The direct personal presentation, demonstration, and sale of products and services to consumers, usually in their homes or at their jobs.” In contrast to franchising, the cost for an individual to start an independent direct selling business is typically substantially lower.
With a large potential for consumer harm, the direct sales industry is highly regulated. Named as one of the top 25 most influential people in Direct Sales, Kevin Thompson has the experience necessary to help entrepreneurs launch their business on secure legal footing in the industry. Kevin is the principal behind the MLM attorney site, which is by far the most frequented site in the industry pertaining to legal.