I had the distinct honor of interviewing Shannon Denniston as part of a new series. I’m calling this new series “Distributor Spotlight.” I’ll be occasionally interviewing MLM distributors, young and old, to obtain their perspectives on the industry and hear about their positive experiences. As a MLM lawyer, it’s important to share information about the companies experiencing challenges from regulators and class action attorneys. It’s easy to have tunnel vision and only focus on the train wrecks, such as the FTC vs. BurnLounge case. But there are plenty of positive stories that deserve attention too; hence, the new Distributor Spotlight segment.
Shannon Denniston has been in network marketing for 15 years. He has a great testimony about the benefits of the industry. During the interview, I ask him the following questions.
- What’s your philosophy on marketing your business on Facebook?
- What are the benefits of networking with distributors from other companies?
- What did it take for you to make the uncommon commitment to actually win in network marketing?
- What are some factors prospects should consider when joining a company today?
During the interview, Shannon shared several factors a prospect should consider before joining a new business. I’ve listed a few below.
- Competitively priced products.
- Great customer support.
- Policies and Procedures WITHOUT a non-compete.
- 35% to 50% payout on dollars collected.
- Leadership in the company with field experience.
- Privately owned instead of publicly traded.